Amsterdam Jiddisch History + nasch, my parents WW II hiding. 3 hr walking tour
An outstanding experience, an astonishing story !
I will take you along 12 generations (more than 400 years!) of my family to personalize the Jewish history of Amsterdam.
From the 17th century till today, I connect all aspects of Jewish life in Mokum
( = Jiddisch for Amsterdam) in to the Waterman's & Casseres families and their descendants.
I will let you experience:
* Jewish live in Amsterdam before the war, when my gramdmother became famous with her free chicken soep, on shabbat, in her cigar store.
* The hiding under the store floor during "razzia's" and all neighbors were send to the camps,
* The SS soldier who warned my grandfather, followed by the hiding under a roof for over more than 3 years
* pass by important historical sites of Jewish Amsterdam, such as: Portuguese es noga, Hollandse schouwburg, Jewish historical museum & holocaust memorial site
* mini language course Amstedams - Jiddisch
* free tasting of 3 famous & authentic Jiddische pastrys