Hong Kong Urban Myths Walking Tour: Ghost and Food in Wan Chai
Amid the skyscrapers of Hong Kong lie a labyrinth of haunted tales. Hungry ghosts? Haunted loos? Seaside spirits? Take your pick. In fact, locals believe that the universes of deities, humans and ghosts intertwine. The souls of the dead linger and bless their descendants. There are elaborate rituals that local Chinese perform to feed, pacify, entertain, or even bribe the ghosts. To heighten your sensory experiences, we will be tasting 4 delicious local treats. Some of them may be offering for the deities or ghosts too!
• World War II and the city’s biggest concentration of haunted tales
• Urban picnic with soothing tea, yummy buns, fresh-off-the-oven pastries, and a local specialty called "fried ghosts"
• The vast range of Chinese gods catering to all your needs and desires
• Businesses that cater to all the ghost pleasing rituals
• A top haunted house, hipster hangouts, the muffled knellof church bells, forgotten temples, and more!